Firewall traversal with explicit IP address calls

Hi,

In our organization we have some video conference systems connected to the internal network,  and we are trying to configure a H.323 proxy to allow then to communicate with VC systems outside our organization through the Internet. To connect to then, our endpoint will dial the IP address of the destination.

We have placed a GnuGk in the DMZ network, and another one in the internal network, so the endpoints register to the internal gatekeeper, and the internal gatekeeper forwards the internet traffic to the external one.

We have set then as H.460.18 client/server using the [Neighbor:] section, and we have enabled H.460.18 in [RoutedMode] and RTPMultiplexing in [Proxy], because we want to open as little ports in the firewall as possible.

But the only way we have found so far to forward the calls with explicit external IPs from the internal to the external is setting the external as parent of the internal one, by using the [Endpoint] clause, and when we use this routing, it seems like it doesn’t use H.460.18 and RTPMultiplexing, so we have to open a lot of ports in the firewall.

Please, could someone help me to find a configuration that allow route explicit IP calls through the external gatekeeper using H.460.18 and RTPMultiplexing?

Thank you very much in advance,

C.B.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d