Re: Gnugk endpoint recommendations

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Lucas Phelps <lphelps@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I’ve tested Ekiga on Windows, but it is written for Linux.  You might have luck with it.  I believe it supports both SIP and H.323.

Ekiga is a horrible mess. Avoid it. You'll thank me for it later.

XMeeting isn't half bad, but it is Mac only, and does have flaws that can be irritating.

Spranto is the best H.323 client for NAT traversal, hands down.

Mirial's Pro softclient isn't half bad, but it really isn't NAT friendly.

Polycom's client is often mentioned, but I don't have much personal experience with it.

If you're really good and enjoy the raw command-line, ohphone has some praise.

Beyond that, you're on your own.

- Ian

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-novd2d