Re: Codec priority, or disabling a codec?

Hi,

the decision which codec to use is made by the endpoints based on the
capabilities received from the other side.

Curently GnuGk supports filtering out codecs globally from capability
sets using [CallTable] DisabledCodecs= (or per call using Radius).

In theory one could implement reordering of capability sets in GnuGk.
This would make it more likely that a certain codec is used, but
endpoints would still be free to choose other codecs.

Regards,
Jan

bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I am not using Radius, and I need to make a priority for using the codecs (to be g729 first and then g723), also I might need to disable the codec g723 from being used. How?
>
> Regarda
> Bilal

10 Tips for Better Web Security
Learn 10 ways to better secure your business today. Topics covered include:
Web security, SSL, hacker attacks & Denial of Service (DoS), private keys,
security Microsoft Exchange, secure Instant Messaging, and much more.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51426210/