Re: Connecting to status port

bilal ghayyad wrote:
> I am not able to use the addpasswd utility (it is like not existed) and I tried to compile it (actually I went for the gnugk 2.3.4 source and I typied make addpasswd) but I got:
>
> make: Nothing to be done for `addpasswd'.
>
> So I am not able to use addpasswd and not able to compile and get it working.

addpasswd source was moved to a subdirectory starting with 2.3.4. From
within the addpasswd directory type "make optnoshared".

> From the otherside: if I need to use rule=explicit then, where I will put the IP address (what is the needed line to be added)?

[GkStatus::Auth]
rule=explicit
127.0.0.1=allow

> In case I used rule=regex, so in that case I have to add a line as following (for example)?
>
> regex=Ë195\.71\.(129|131)\.[0-9]+$
>
> To understand this line (as I bring it from the document): what the $ sign means, and what the [0-9] means?

Read about "regular expressions", eg. on Wikipedia.

> Last point: even if I restrict the login for the status consol, well: it is telnet, so a sniffer will be able to see the messages .. how to overcome this? There is no SSH?

Starting with 2.3.5 GnuGk will support SSH.

Regards,
Jan

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmay