Panasonic IP GW 16 v 2.011 GateKeeper Configuration?

Hi,

We use a Panasonic NCP500 phone systems on an internal network behind a firewall - call this PABX-A. We would like to connect to an second Panasonic NCP500 phone system that is geographically separated network and also behind a firewall - call this PABX-B.  The documentation provided with the phone system wants to use a VPN or similar. Ideally, management would prefer not to use a VPN and this is why we are looking at the gatekeeper software.

NOTE: Each PABX has ip phones and has a IPGW card.

The problem that we have is a that a person on PABX-A is able to call a person on PABX-B, BUT.... does not get any audio.  What happens is that when a user on PABX-A using an ip phone calls a user on PABX-2 (who also has an ip phone), the phone system will transfer control of the call (at least audio etc.) over to the extensions directly. We think the gatekeeper software can be used and configured so that when the call is handed to the phones this software can transfer the audio as necessary.

The phone has gateway property that "Identifies the IP address of the primary gateway (typically a router or similar device) that exchanges IP packets with the other gateways on the VoIP network."

We think that we would be able to set this field to the ip address for the gatekeeper software. And that the gatekeeper software would be able to send the packets to other gatekeepers based on the rules in the configuration files.

1. Is this possible?

2. Can you provide any details on the setup the gatekeeper configuration files for use with Panasonic phone systems? And specifically Panasonic IP GW 16 v 2.011?

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;226879339;13503038;l?
http://clk.atdmt.com/CRS/go/247765532/direct/01/