Microsoft Office Communicator to VCS to GnuGk?

Just thinking out loud here...

As far as internal clients, I know of Movi, CMA, Mirial, Polycom PVX
and others that are true H.323 end points.

However, our users are familiar with and happy with MOC, but MOC won't
allow us to communicate with external parties which are H.323.

I know that VCS has H.323 to SIP internetworking; would the chain in
the subject line

1)  Be possible
2)  Be workable
3)  Be supportable