Re: SQL query for longest match (multiple results)...SQL error

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your response.  I posted here instead of a SQL forum, because I
figured someone had already needed to do a longest match....and therefore I
wouldn't have to explain the full requirements of why I needed to NOT do it
10 other ways.

I still have a problem tho.   When try to make the query (from GNU-GK), the
% in the concat doesn't get interpreted right.   I think it's waiting for
one of [s,c,p,r,i,m].  I tried to escape it several ways, different quotes,
etc.   The sql statement works fine if I do it by hand, but I think GNU-GK
isn't.
Here's the error I get.
 Routing.cxx(1681)  SqlPolicy: query failed (1) - You have an error in your
SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
for the right syntax to use near '') order by length(alias) desc,pref' at
line 1
Here is the line from my gk.ini
Query=select hostIP from h323Routes where '%c' like concat(alias,'%') order
by length(alias) desc,pref;

Any thoughts?
Scott