Re: can gnugk present endpoint selection?

You could assign numeric aliases to your endpoints and let your
customers call those. If you don't want to statically assign the
aliases, you could use one of the dynamic routing policies like 'sql'
or 'vqueue' to do the mapping.

One could also connect an IVR system to GnuGk that presents the caller
with choices for all registered endpoints. GnuGk doesn't include such
an IVR, but GnuGk can route all non-connecting calls to an external
IVR that queries GnuGk for registered endpoinst and then presents
those to the caller.

Regards,
Jan

gacmb5 gacmb5 wrote:
> To call to our endpoints from the internet we use <endpoint>@<domainname>.
> Some of our customers complain that they can not enter alphanumeric
> values in there devices.
>
> When we connect to our customers some have the following procedure to
> connect to their system:
> 1. Call the IP: x.x.x.x
> 2. Press: #1
> 3. Press: <endpointnumber> # and then a final # (this is the number to
> the conference room at the host)
> 4. A connection should be established.
>
> Can gnugk offer something similar?
>
> Thanks for all suggestions....
>
> GJ

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev