Re: Rewriting destinationAddress with Q.931 calledparty

Am Dienstag, den 16.03.2010, 08:23 +1000 schrieb Simon Horne:

> Let me understand you correctly. You want to rewrite an IP address and port
> (TransportID) to an E.164 number? How many TranportIDs do you need to
> rewrite?
>
> Did you try
> [RasSrv::RewriteAlias]
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1720=123456

Hi Simon,

the problem was that get calls from one network to my gateway, which are
routed on transportID. So their transportID is always the same -- the
one of my gateway.

On the other side of the gateway, call are routed by dialedDigits. So I
have somehow to replace the transportID by dialedDigits.

If the call from the transportID network includes dialedDigits in H.225
Setup too, this is not mutch of a problem, because I then may use this
information in the INI file or on the VQueue. OTOH, if the setup doesn't
have any dialedDigits in H.225, the information from Q.931 is needed.
This means "one transportID -> lots of dialedDigits" and this is the
reason, why the RewriteAlias approach doesn't work. (Another one is,
that the "magic" string to H.323 address functions of OpenH323 are not
always as flexible, as one would wish ...)

I think, what I have here this is not a very common setup. Normally you
should indeed route based on the H.225 information, not on Q.931. I just
hoped, there could be a kludge hidden somewhere in the GnuGK to do it
anyway.

So by now I solved indeed by letting GnuGK write a "debug trc 4" log
file and by parsing the packet dumps from the log file. This is not very
elegant I must admit, but at least it seems to work for me :-)

Regards

David

--
David Dahlberg <david.dahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Fraunhofer FKIE, Dept. Communication Systems (KOM) | Tel: +49-228-9435-845
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany       | Fax: +49-228-856277

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev