Re: please advice on GnuGK setup

Hi Gerrit,

if your domain company.com already points with either it's A record to
your GnuGk's public IP, calling video1@xxxxxxxxxxx might already
work (the syntax varies between endpoints as you noted).

To be on the safe side, you should also configure an SRV record for
your domain to point to your GnuGk. That way your A record can still
point to something else (eg. your web server).

The calling syntax varies: The H.323 standard (Annex O) says it should
be <alias>@<domain> and thats what Tandberg uses. On Polycom or LifeSize
systems you can do the same by dialing <domain>##<alias>.

Regards,
Jan