Re: E.164 rewrite problem

On 2/3/2010 9:08 AM, Lombardi Tonio at MSOC-FSS wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I am having a problem using the e.164 rewrite feature in gnugk loaded
> in direct routing mode GKRouted=0. The problem is that the number is
> not being rewritten as I am specifying in the [RasSrv::RewriteE164]
> section. When I look at the trace of the gatekeeper, the dialed Digits
> field looks like it has been rewritten but the gateway I am sending
> the call to does not receive the rewritten number but the original
> number the user is dialing. I want to rewrite 25903989 to 3989 (which
> is what the PBX can read). Any idea why this is happening?
>

> I am using GNUGK Version(2.3.1) installed on windows 2003 as a service.

Just as a data point:  I am apparently having the same problem on 2.3.1
on FreeBSD.  The rewrite works if the call comes from an endpoint
registered to my gatekeeper, but if it comes from one of my neighbors,
it is not rewritten.  (I've worked around it by having the other
gatekeeper do the rewrite when forwarding to me.)

-Dave

--
David Israel
Senior IT Network Engineer