Re: GnuGK and Peer Element support

Hi Hossein,

you can configure whether to forward or not. Take a look at the
Neighbor section in the manual:
http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-10.html

Caching all results of LRQs takes a more advanced config, but I've
already done that with GnuGk for clients whose lookups were very
expensive. You have to intercept the lookup results and store them in a
database and then use the 'sql' policy to retrieve them again (at least
thats one way to do it).

Regards,
Jan

Hossein Aminaiee wrote:
> Dear Simon,
>

> Thank you for your answer. To make myself sure, will the GnuGK as a
> border element have a caching mechanism inside, building a routing
> table? In other words, having a GnuGK as a border element, does the LRQ
> messages are resolved by the border element without going outside the
> domain?
>

> Hossein
>

> Simon Horne wrote:
>
> > Hossein
> >
> > GnuGk certainly can operate as a border element. You only need to have an 2
> > network interfaces one on the inside and one on the outside. There are no
> > special configuration required, the gatekeeper will detect the 2 interfaces
> > and should automatically accept registrations and route signalling and media
> > between the two networks.
> >
> > Simon

Return on Information:
Google Enterprise Search pays you back