Re: Does H460.18 / 19 support in GnuGK 2.3 mean that Tandberg VCS Expressway is no longer required?

Jan,

If GnuGK is not on a public IP, but in a router's DMZ, therefore no
firewall rules, can it still act as a NAT traversal, even if it is behind
a NAT

* using H.460.17/18/19
* using Pacphone P2PNAT
* using Ekiga ?

The assumption is that GnuGK has a fixed public IP address or a
dynamic DNS service, so that it knows its public IP as well as its
LAN subnet.

Or does GnuGK have an *absolute* necessity to be on a public IP
to offer NAT traversal for its own internal LAN and for the external
Inet cloud?

Regards

http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects