Re: CallId is not the same for authentication and accounting.

Hi,

this is certainly not the expected behavior. The CallID is supposed to
be the same for authentication and accounting. (It is actually expected
to be globally unique, but I wouldn't totally count on that.)

The CallID is taken from the messages the endpoints send. Did you check
in a trace if the endpoints always send the same CallID ?

Regards,
Jan

Nour Omar wrote:
> I was trying to use CallId parameter in sqlAuth and SqlAcct  so that I correlate some data I created in a table  during the authentication which is needed during accounting.
> It looks like the value I;m geting during the sqlauth  is not the same as one I get later during sqlacct. Start and Stop accounting have identical values for CallId parameter but this value is different from one I got during sql authentication  for the same call.
>
> Is this a bug or something expected? who created the CallId values, the gatekeeper or the endpoint?
> If the callId is not the right parameter to use for this purpose, do u know which parameter I can use.
> thnx,

server and web deployment.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects