Re: gnugk in nproxy mode and direct connections

Hi,
First thanks for your response.
My graph wasn't clear when i post it to the list.
New attempt !!
Hope it will be ok.

                Internet

         ExternalFirewall
        (public ip address)
              193.x.x.x

                    |-------- GNUGK
                    |            (public ip address)
                    |            193.x.x.x

           InternalFirewall
               /      |          \
             /        |            \
           /          |              \
   10.5.x.x    10.3.x.x    10.17.x.x

I want precise that i'm a newbie in gnugk.

Only the ExternalFirewall make some nat for some defined clients.

The GK has a public ip adrress and is directly accessible from the internet.

I want my EP can register to the GnuGk and allow external EP to register
to my GK in order to make a h323 communication.
I want all the traffic (Signaling+RTP/RTCP) pass throw the gnugk.

I think in proxy mode i can register internal EP with private address
whithout making nat because communication is always between the EP and
the GK and not directly beetween EP. Is it right ?

When i make a test, i.e register an internal EP and an external EP to
the GK all seems to be ok (register/signaling).
But when the data connections starts (audio and video) the Gk receive
data from external EP and internal EP but is never forward data beetween
the 2 EP.

That's why i was thinking about the problem of "direct connection" in
proxy mode but i don't understand very well what was "direct connection"...

I think i don't need nat fonctionality in our configuration but perhaps
i make an error. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks for you help.

Fred