Re: Message Proceeding

Hi,

at the time GnuGk has to send out the CallProceeding, it doesn't know if
the remote side will support tunneling, but it has to include a
h245Tunneling setting. So the only safe bet is to set it to OFF.

To avoid this, the provisionalRespToH245Tunneling setting was
introduced which basically says 'wait until the next message before
deciding on the tunneling status', but hardly any endpoint supports it.
(GnuGk does, so please any body let me know if you have an endpoint to
test this with.)

In theory, we could have 'half-tunneled' calls, where only one side is
tunneled and the other side issn't, but thats very tough to implement
and test.

Regards,
Jan

Gang Lau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gen call preceeding is useful at sometime.
> What's the reason to disable H245 tunnling when gen call preceeding?
>
> regards,
>
> Gang
>
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Jan Willamowius <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > GnuGk 2.2.7 (to be released this week) will have a feature
> > GenerateCallProceeding=1
> > that will do this. See http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-5.html#ss5.1
> >
> > The downside is that this will force H245Tunneling to OFF for all calls
> > unless you also set UseProvisionalRespToH245Tunneling=1. Unfortunately
> > ProvisionalRespToH245Tunneling isn't well supported by endpoints. In
> > fact I didn't have a single endpoint to test it with.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jan
> >

> > mokhtar wrote:
> > > How to configure the gatekeeper to reply with PROCEEDING message when
> > the
> > > gatekeeper receive a SETUP message?

just about anything Open Source.