Re: registrations do not survive gk restart

Simon Horne wrote:

> Ed
>
> I think you are confusing "reloading" with restarting...
>
> You can reload the gatekeeper, ie clear out all the settings and
> reread from the INI using the "reload" command on the status port, no
> registrations are lost. Restarting is where you physically shut down
> the gatekeeper application and restart it.
>
> Simon

I found reload (thank heavens) but I'm still concerned that any kind of
server outage seems to be much more catastrophic than with other VoIP
systems with which I am familiar (SER and Asterisk.) I read another
message that indicates an expectation that the end points will sync up
within five minutes. This seems to match my experience with the Polycom
VSX7000e, but when the Tandberg T150 loses registration, it must be
rebooted -- it won't even re-register when the gatekeeper rejects it as
being unregistered. Perhaps the trick is not to use the Tandberg :)

I want to thank all the folks who are responding while I learn the H323
technology.

</edg>