Re: Call Failover

Hi,

the reasoning behind this code is that the caller doesn't know that he
is talking to multiple gateways and we have to make sure not to confuse
him about the current call state.

When we call the 2nd gateway, we use the stored setup message from the
first call. As soon as more messages have been exchanged there is a
good chance the 2nd call will fail simply because the caller can't match
his received messages with the partial call state from the first call.
This is a per call setting and thats why it is never set to false once
this state is reached.

It is probably possible to relax these rules in some circumstances, but
we need some feedback exactly under which conditions removing those
checks works and when it doesn't.

Secondly GnuGk might be able to store some FastStart elements and
rewrite messages containing them to relax those rules. But so far that
hasn't been implemented.

regards,
Jan