RE: Least Cost Routing

There is a great confusion in Your thoughts...

You are mixing the LCR priority (wich in case has to be defined elsewhere) and the EP priority. EP priority defines the priority in case that two EP register with the same prefix. And they are fixed. As You want to use LCR, which will permit variables priorities in time, define only Capacity for the EP and let the LCR system deal with the priority thinks…

Edson.

From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Samuel Schmidlin
Sent: sexta-feira, 28 de abril de 2006 07:55
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: 'Gregory Gamboa'
Subject: Least Cost Routing

Hi to all,

I want to use the Least Cost Routing, and for that I need to assign priorities to my gateways.

For example:

I want to call to Pakistan. Prefix : 0095.

I’ve got 3 gateways (endpoints) that match this prefix.

Say for example :

Plan    |    Route        |  Priority

______|____________|________________

GW1    | Pakistan       |    1

GW2    | Pakistan       |    2

GW3    | Pakistan       |    3

Then I want to call Bangladesh. Prefix 0088

I’ve got also 3 gateways (endpoints) that match this prefix.

Plan    |    Route        |  Priority

______|____________|________________

GW4    | Bangladesh   |    1

GW1    | Bangladesh   |    2

GW5    | Bangladesh   |    3

In this Example GW1 can terminate calls for Pakistan and Bangladesh.

But in the routing for Pakistan: GW1 priority = 1

Routing for Bangladesh: GW1 priority = 2

Can we set a priority for a gateway (endpoint) according to the number dialled?

Coz I’ve got the impression that we can only give one priority for one gateway (endpoint) in the endpoint configuration of GnuGK.

And that would result as a major problem for our routing.

If someone could make that clear for me I would be really grateful to him.

Best regards,

Samuel