force no-SSL db connection

Hello,

Does anyone know how to tell GnuGK not to use SSL while connecting to
Postgres database where ssl = on. We need both type of connections (SSL and
not SSL) simultaneously to have remote users administer database via SSL
connection and in the same time have GnuGK to connect database locally
without SSL use. If ssl option in pgsql is enabled GnuGK is always use SSL
connection, it tries to check a certificate (also have no idea where GnuGK
looks for it) and fail without producing connection to the database. With
ssl = off set in postgresql.conf connection establishes successfully. We use
binary version 2.2.3 build Aug 25 2005, 12:47:09 running on 2.6.13 kernel
(SuSe 10) with pgsql 8.1.2

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers

Mike