Re: Re: Help on Clustering (Simon Horne)

At 11:11 PM 28/03/2006, Muhammad Asif Ali wrote:
Hi
Thanx for the useful information you provided earlier. Now at least I
have decided to use the parent-child approach. For load balancing
Alternate GKs approach can be utilized at both:parent and child
level,right?

Yes

Now I have few further queries
Is it possible for child GKs to select the Terminating end-points(GWs)
from database, using Radius?

No You can only select via prefix in the INI file. If you load the prefix that your child gatekeeper gateway will accept when registering the child gatekeeper with the parent then it will know where to route the call. see further.

Actually I want to select the terminating gateways from radius on ARQ
in Parent child approach.
So far I can see that ARQ never gets to child. Parent recieves the ARQ
& responds with an ACF. Child just receives:
ProxyL  Connected from parentIP:4583
Q931s   Received: Setup CRV=1472 from parentIP:4583
(CALL) Call No. 1, total sessions : 1
Successfully logged event 1 for call no. 1
Send to ParentIP:1719
and then child sends an ARQ to parent!!!
Parent then responds with ACF and Child initiates the call signaling
with Terminating endpoint specified in ini. CHILD NEVER GETS A CHANCE
TO LOOKUP THE TERMINATING ENDPOINT FROM DB.

This is correct.

Secondly I want to know How can I register originating gateways at
Parent level for incoming calls?
Either adding them as [RasSrv::PermanentEndpoints] in parent's ini
with their prefixes in [RasSrv::GWPrefixes], I tried it but call never
gets to parent from an originating GK(which can be a gateway as
well).i.e.

Endpoints -> OriginatingGKs -> Parent GKs -> Child GKs -> Terminating GWs

In your child gatekeeper INI you specify the prefix you will accept
{EndPoint]
Prefix=123
so all calls for 123... will be directed to this child gatekeeper.

The Parent GK is supposed to receive calls from Originating GWs/GKs
and will pass them on to parent which will forward it to respective
child, and child will select the terminating gateways from DataBase. I
hope I dont sound too complex and it makes sense.

The database function is not available. H.323 has very good location service based on the prefix of the number you are trying to call.

ie

EP(2345) calls 1234 -> Child GK (prefix 2) -> Parent GK -> child GK (preifx 1) -> GW

Simon