From: Jerry
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: Help wanted to start gnugk in linux as service

hi, will this restart gnugk when gnugk crash?
thanks
Jerry

"Bahram S. Biria" <bsbiria@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The following is the way that I did in RedHat linux. Most probably it should be the same in your linux too.

Add the following lines at the end of the  /etc/inittab file.

# Run gnugkd in runlevels 3 and 5
gk:35:respawn:/usr/sbin/gnugk -c /etc/gnugk.ini -o /var/log/gnugk.log -ttt >> /var/log/gkstart.log
This would run the GNUGK after each boot up and will restart it if it goes down in any reasons. This is how I made it as a service.

Bahram.