call setup failover

hello,

I am planing to install a second gateway to pstn in my voip network an I want to know if it is possible to configure it as a "failover" gateway. When a phone registered in gnugk places a call and the first gateway fails (is offline or has no available circuits) the call should be routed to the second gateway.

Can I do this directly in gnugk, or do I need an external piece of software ?
Can you give me some pointers on how can this be done ?

Thanks,
Razvan Radu