Some basic setup questions

I am brand new to gnugk and related technologies, and am attempting to setup an h.323 proxy in our environment.  Unfortunately, I am having some troubles, and was hoping some here could help me out.

Basically, I need to allow an h.323 device inside our network to establish a connection to an h.323 device outside of our network.  A firewall sits in between the devices, and the gnugk server is behind the firewall.  I have turned on the routing functionality and the proxy functionality, but I am not able to complete a call to an outside device.  The inside device (using MyPhone for testing) successfully registers with gnugk, and the external device does not (due to the firewall).  When I attempt to make a call to the outside device, I can see the traffic coming into gnugk, but no traffic ever leaves it - tcpdump shows no attempt to ever make a connection to the external device.

My config file (I have blanked out some information for security purposes):
[Gatekeeper::Main]
Fourtytwo=42
EndpointSignalPort=1720

[RoutedMode]