Putting Load on GnuGK Full Proxy

I am trying to put some load on GnuGK and see how it performs.  It is a totally amazing experience.  Watching the status window seems a lot similar to the numbers dropping in the movie Matrix.

I'm running GnuGK Full Proxy & FileIPAuth on Win2003 with a PIV 2.4GHz 1024MB RAM system.  I've had no problems running 30-32 simultaneous calls.  I'm now testing with 40-50 calls, and faced the "Too Many Ports" error, which was corrected by increasing the CallSignalHandler and RtpHandler to 3 each.  Having a problem like this on a live system is just like your worst nightmare.

Currently, my CPU is showing a 40-45% load. And, my memory utilization is at 150MB.  My Bandwidth Utilization is around 1.2-1.4 Mbps (G.723r63 codec only), as shown by DUMeter.

I have learned a few things during all this:

1.  It's best to turn debugging off, when no debugging info is needed.  That makes the CPU load lower, and GnuGK more responsive.
2.  When doing changes to the INI File, (Re)^n check your config file, for even the smallest of changes.  A small mistake can be fatal.

Now, here are my questions:

1.  Is 40-45% load alright for my GnuGK to perform smoothly?  What should be the ideal range?
2.  Will GnuGK be able to handle more / less calls if =>
2 a.  Proxy is set to 0?
2 b.  OS is changed to Linux or FreeBSD or anything else?
2 c.  I reduce RAM to 512 MB or even 256MB, since only 150 out of 1024 MB is shown by Windows as used?
=> In all these 3 cases, how much difference in performance can I expect?

Thank you all once again.
And Kudos to the GnuGK Gurus.

Regards
HASSAAN