AW: gnugk application max capacity

Under 2.0.x we have done some intense tests. We are going to share our
findings in the near future.
The most important point we found out, is, that it is not enough only to
test how many calls can be set up but it seems to be more important to check
the voice quality in relation to call volume. I.e. we were able to place
some hundred calls through the gatekeeper but in our test setup the limit
for good voice quality was clearly below 100 simultanious calls.

As far as i understand from Jan, the 2.2.x should provide higher
performance, so these findins may only be valid on 2.0.x.

> I have tested 180 Simulanous calls in full-proxy mode with
> two network interfaces and IPs.
> is there a way I can increase this number with
> RtpHandlerNumber=2
> CallSignalHandlerNumber=2

Yes.

> is there a way I can increase this simultanous calls number,
> by increasing rtphandler or callsignalhandler threads ???

Theoretically yes, but there are a lot fo influences to performance:
hardware, operating system, gnugk compilation and configuration. The outcome
strongly depends on the combination of there factors (and there are sure
some more).

If you are planning to serve high call volumes at low costs, you might be
better off by looking for a SIP proxyserver such as SER (in your case i.e.
in combination with rtpproxy).

Regards
Frank