Gatekeeper Authentication, MySQL

Hello, I'm having trouble setting endpoint authentication using the
SQLPasswordAuth method.
The endpoint software is OpenPhone, v1.8.1.
The GnuGK version I'm using is 2.0.9, pre-compiled Linux.
It connects OK to MySQL, but the problem is that the password on the database is
MD5 encrypted and as I'm viewing in the Gatekeeper status, it checks
for simple text:

  authenticationCapability = 2 entries {
       [0]=pwdHash <<null>>
       [1]=authenticationBES radius <<null>>