Re: ENUM Support for GNUGK

At 12:04 AM 22/04/2005, you wrote:
Simon Horne wrote:

Has there been any discussion about adding ENUM (rfc2916) support to GNUGK.
OpenH323/pwlib already support it, hence the changes should be minimal.

Is there any interest in me adding a patch for it and if so which branch 2.0.x or 2.2.x should it be done for?
I was actually just reading up on various ENUM services out there yesterday. Asterisk and SER both support it already and it would be great if GNUGK did too.

GNUGK at the moment can accept incoming ENUM calls but just cannot place them.

To configure GNUGK to accept incoming ENUM calls

ENUM calls do not register with gatekeeper so you have to allow them in.
In the config.ini
{RoutedMode]
AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1

The Record at the ENUM provider should look like
H323:1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:1721

To use in ohphone
run ohphone -ln
to call
c 44012345678   or what ever the E164 number (IDD phone number) registered with the ENUM provider.

There is a problem if the caller is behind a NAT and the receiving EP is GKRouted (no audio) however there is a simple fix in OpenH323 and I'll submit this with the ENUM patch.

Hope this provides more info
Simon

Simon Home
ISVO (Asia) Pte Ltd
developer of the
Virteos H323COMtools
Win32 DCOM plugin based on the OpenH323 Stack
http://www.isvo.net