Re: ENUM Support for GNUGK

Jan
At 09:14 PM 21/04/2005, you wrote:
Simon Horne wrote:
> Has there been any discussion about adding ENUM (rfc2916) support to
GNUGK.
> OpenH323/pwlib already support it, hence the changes should be
minimal.

I didn't hear a lot of request so far.

I'm very interested in developing it. So I'll have a go at adding it :-)

> Is there any interest in me adding a patch for it and if so which
branch
> 2.0.x or 2.2.x should it be done for?

It should be added to the 2.2.x line since 2.0.x is 'maintenace only'.
It could probably be implemented as an additional
routing policy.

Ok. That sounds good I'll look at doing that. The default policy in OpenH323 only runs in non-gatekeeper mode so its not available for gatekeeper registered endpoints. I couple of lines in the right place in GNUGK should fix that.

I'll contact you off list if I get stuck..

Simon

Simon Home
ISVO (Asia) Pte Ltd
developer of the
Virteos H323COMtools
Win32 DCOM plugin based on the OpenH323 Stack
http://www.isvo.net