Re: Load Balance of Gateways

You can use [EP:: sections to configure gateway priorities and/or capacities
in 2.2.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Ditum" <mrskensington@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 5:57 PM

We're looking at providing some form of load balancing with our gateways and was hoping to do this through the gatekeeper. We can see 2 ways of doing this...

1. Specify an order for gateways to be used, if the first one isn't
registered use the next and so on
2. Alternate sending calls between all of the gateways

(I realise the 1st isn't technically load balancing)

Is there any way of doing either of these with the gnugk?

I looked into implementing the first...

I currently have it set up to forward all numbers beginning with
prefix 72 to be forwarded to the gateway.

[RasSrv::GWPrefixes]
tpgateway=71

the manual says "If there is no registered gateway with that alias the
call will fail." it would be useful if it would actually move onto the
next rule for example...

[RasSrv::GWPrefixes]
tpgateway=71
tpgateway2=71

if the number begins with 71 its forwarded to tpgateway unless it
doesn't exist otherwise its forwarded to tpgateway2

Thanks for your help

Mike