removing sql auth

I'm trying to compile the latest CVS on Redhat 7.2... as Redhat 7.2 only has gcc-2.96 according to the following thread it shouldn't work...

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=6979175&forum_id=8549

I've tried installing gcc3 but it comes up with errors saying that STL classes are being redeclared... so I'm looking at getting it to compile on 2.96

The only problem is sqlauth.cxx not being able to find the limits header file, as I don't require any database access I don't actually need this. I've run configure with the following...

./configure --disable-mysql --disable-pgsql

but it still tries to compile sqlauth.cxx... if I remove sqlauth.cxx from the created Makefile it compiles fine with the following command and seems to run fine (haven't had time to test it  properly)

CFLAGS="-fexceptions" make opt

Here are my questions...

If I have disabled all support with databases should it still compile sqlauth.cxx in?

Can you think of any problems I may come across if I don't include this file considering that I don't use databases?

thanks for your help

Mike