Re: Re: RTP proxying

> Yes. Exactly, That is why incoming call has a problem.
> However if there are a lot of endpoints behind same NAT then there will be
> a problem
> configuring NAT in such way. Too difficult to configure NAT on each
> customer side.

IMO, if you need lots of users behind the same NAT,
you should use another gnugk behind the NAT, or as the NAT.

Or, if you don't need IP phones, you can use a gateway
that allows, say, 4 or 8 analog phones (or analog PBX
trunk ports) to be connected, but still looks like one
endpoint on the H.323 side.

Or, as you say, use SIP.

Sorry, I don't know of software that can proxy H.323
from behind a NAT, that is simpler than gnugk.
However, others on this list may have a recommendation.

> How can SIP phones work with Asterisk/SER/sipX without any NAT configuration?

SIP uses a single UDP port for registration and signaling.
The repeated registrations keep the NAT association open, so
signaling for incoming calls is not a problem.

The SIP proxy tells the endpoint to send RTP to it, and
sends RTP back to whatever port it sees it coming from.
This is the same behavior as gnugk in ProxyForNAT mode.
However, it means that the caller can't hear anything
until some RTP has been sent out.  Many H.323 endpoints
won't send RTP until Connect has been received, so you
don't get to hear call progress tones or announcements.
Most SIP clients are smart enough to send RTP as soon
as a 183 Progress message comes in.

Regards,

Stewart