Re: GK to GK Communication.

An outer zone endpoint is cached for TimeToLive seconds.
The timer restarted when the cached data is refreshed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Surya Santosh" <asurya@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 11:46 AM

I have a problem with Location Request message being sent from the GateKeeper. Sometimes the gatekeeper sends this message and sometimes doesn't. The scenario is explained. Can anyone help me in understanding when this message is sent to the neighbouring gatekeeper and when it is not sent ?

I am using GNU GK as gatekeeper. I am using GK to GK Communication between two gatekeepers.
When the H.323 client sends "Admission request" to one of the GKs, that GK is sending "Location Request" to the other gatekeeper and the connection is getting established. When i disconnect the call and try again from the same client, the GK is not sending "Location Request" message to the other Gatekeeper, but sending Admission confirm with IP and Port that it got from Location Confirm in the previous session.

Is it because the Gatekeeper caches the H.323 ID and the IP address and returns it to the client?
If so, for how much time the entries will remain in the cache. Is there any way that we can configure this cache time out in GNU GK? What is the default value in general?

Regards
Surya Santosh

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click