Re: authentication options

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 20:23:16 -0500
Chetan Sarva <asterisk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to authorize a gateway based on its IP address. Setup is as
> follows:
>
> gw -> mygnugk (proxy mode) -> ....
>
> I do not want to register the gw in my gk (out of my control). My
> understanding is that my options are as follows:

  I just switched from radius auth to SQLAuth, using the CVS gnugk. I
strongly recommend it. It is simpler to use, no radius, and with more
options than the Radius Auth.

  If you want to proceed with the radius thing and you are using
freeradius, you must change the sql query in freeradius. I used a stored
plpgsql procedure that returned a username based on ip from a special
table. If the IP was not there, the result was 'Unknown' which of course
was not authorised. Of course, there are other ways to do it.