Gnugk compilation procedure under FreeBSD

For everybody who wants to compile gnugk under FreeBSD 4.11 or lower here is the procedure:

Facts:
Gnugk has to be compiled with gcc 3.0 or higher.
FreeBSD 4.11 or lower is tied up with gcc 2.9.4 and if you change the compiler you probably will get into troubles when compiling kernel or upgrading.
So you need to compile only gnugk with a newer version of gcc. Here is how it works:

Install from ports for example gcc34 (or latest non-experimental version). This will install compiler executables in /usr/local/bin. Check for the right version with commands like:
/usr/local/bin/gcc34 -v
/usr/local/bin/g++34 -v
Also will install the libraries under /usr/local/lib.

Download latest sources from sourceforge CVS for pwlib, openh323 and openh323gk and untar them for example in /usr/local/src.

Set new compiler to be used:
setenv CC "/usr/local/bin/gcc34"
setenv CXX "/usr/local/bin/g++34"

Configure and make pwlib and openh323 with commands:
   ./configure
   gmake optnoshared
in each source directory.

Now for openh323gk you need to edit Makefile and search for LDFLAGS. You will find a line like LDFLAGS += -L/usr/lib. Modify it to:
LDFLAGS += -L/usr/local/lib
because here are installed the new libs required for the new compiler.

Now do:
   ./configure
   gmake optnoshared
and at the end you will find the gnugk executable in /obj_FreeBSD_x86_r.

I want to thank again here to Michal Zygmuntowicz! I couldn't find this without his constant support!

Best regards,
Gabriel Georgescu