From: "Freddy Parra" <fparra@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 10:16 PM
Subject: RE:  Non-Responsive

Jan,

I will try to pin point the code as to where this is happening since I
did get the core dump file for it. My concern now is as Michal pointed
out that this can easily be exploited via DOS. The only thing someone
would need is some form of generating calls like the call generator
avail. to crash anyone's gatekeeper. I guess currently there is no other
way to prevent this aside from creating firewall rules as Michal and
Teodor stated or a patch solution like you described below. In the mean
time, firewall rules seem to be the only fix. Most Linux distributions
come with a default socket limit of 1024, which wouldn't take much calls
to take someone's gatekeeper off line. Thanks.

Freddy