From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Freddy Parra
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:04 AM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Non-Responsive

Here are some current results:

When max sockets are reached the following behavior was noted:

For this test I had the following conditions set:

1.) I used screens to create a separate session window on Linux and set ulimit to be 60 sockets for gnugk to run with.

2.) I had signaling handlers set to 15 and with h225 routed and h245 being tunneled. No media proxying.

3.) I was able to create 3 telnet instances to the status port and on the 4th instance I got a blank telnet response. This meant I ran out of sockets

    which is the state I wanted gnugk to be in.

4.) When I issued a reload on one of the telnet sessions all endpoints that were registered suddenly unregistered.

5.) I retested the same case scenario and this time had a segmentation fault (core dump).

6.) I performed the following test a few times over and the same scenarios played out, with endpoints un-registering and segmentation fault happening.

I'm in the process of creating some test with the call generator and see what the behavior is when calls are being sent to the system when max sockets are reached.

Freddy