From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of R. Todd
Wallace
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:40 AM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Non-Responsive

We have done some more research and it seems that Radius is idle when the
GNU becomes non-responsive.  We can issue requests to radius and it responds
which seems to take Radius out of the picture.  What might be a problem is
that the GNU cannot free up a socket for a radius request.  I can't tell if
we are running out of Processor Cycles, Memory or sockets.  We have ULIMIT's
set, FD's set and everything looks typical of systems mentioned.  We have a
ton of traffic on these and do hit low asr periods on particular routes.
When it becomes non-responsive, I can hit the status port, but it just gives
a blank screen like it is waiting on response.  I enter commands and they
just echo on the screen.  I am not sure if the GNU is aware of its
resources, but it sure would be nice if it would just reject requests until
that resource is freed up.   A patch as you suggested would be great!

R. Todd Wallace