----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Riedinger" <riedinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 1:08 AM

I just want to mention that I had similar problems, because the documentation is still not updated and I was glad to find this email for an explanation.

Furthermore, I think it should be discussed if it makes sense to use the
defined alias of a GW instead of its H323 id to decide which in rule should
be applied. I have two arguments for it.

1.
You should be able to do rewritting of incoming numbers independently of the
configuration of the originating GW. If I define a routing config for a
carrier I dont want that it gets unusable, when the H323 id is changed at
the originating GW. Often the admin of this GW won't know, what difficulties
are caused if he changes the id of his GW, because it is seldom relevant for
terminating GWs.

2.
The defined aliases are relevant for the decision, which out rule is
applied. It is not clear, why in and out rules are not treated in the same
manner.

Regards
  Jan