Re[4]: auth. & neighbor in directed mode

Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 5:03:45 PM, Zygmuntowicz wrote:
ZM> I am not sure if I understood you correctly. GW2 HAS
ZM> to ask GK2 for admission EACH TIME it is making
ZM> or receiving a call. I assume it is registered with GK2.
Yes, in case it is registered under GK2. Hmm, from this I see, that
GW2 has no chance to know if the call was previously accepted by GK2
(only in case there is token or any mark from GK2). I just wanted to
find a simpler case, but looks like it's the same case, just in my
case GW2 is a GNUgk.
Your previouse idea [putting some access token into LCF] would need
the ability to handle (or pass through) such tokens on the remote
side, right? [which is not known - can be another type of GK]. What
do standards say about such case? [Unfortunately I'm don't know h.323
into deep details]

ZM> You can take a look at OSP protocol. Both gatekeepers
ZM> could communicate with an OSP server to validate a single
ZM> access token. In fact, if GW2 would be a permanent endpoint
ZM> (not actually registered with GK2) and support OSP, it could
ZM> ask the OSP server in the very same way as GK2.
ZM> It's possible that we will have OSP support soon, if I find some
ZM> time and system to test.
Yes, I noticed that openh323 has OSP support now, took a look for some
overviews about OSP and it can be interesting. However using OSP in GK
will require to use an OSP server as well, IMO. As far as I know,
there is not any open-source OSP server (I only know TransNexus's
implementation which I guess is not open-source, maybe some client
parts?).
(good old days when we used as5300 with OSP :)

ZM> In general, any method with a single token and a single auth
ZM> server should allow such calls (maybe H.501 can do that too,
ZM> like OSP). OSP is a fairly standard protocol and seems to become
ZM> widespreaded in carrier networks.
I will look again for OSP and maybe for H.501 as well.

Thanks for suggestions and ideas!

Tamas