gnugk compiling

I have been trying to compile CVS versions of gnugk, openh323 and pwlib. After I run gnugk I get segmentation fault. I tried this a lot! Here is the log of what I did, maybe someone helps me or I can help someone.
I am using Slackware 10, kernel 2.4.26, gcc 3.4.3, make 3.80.
I have compiled pwlib with ./configure and make all (I tried to do just make, but then I had errors compiliing openh323 (pt_linux_x86_d would not be compiled).)
no errors
I added the lib directory in the lib path and ran ldconfig
I have compiled openh323 with ./configure and make all (I tried just make, but then gnugk did not compile due to errors regarding PConfig)
no errors
I added the lib directory in the lib path and ran ldconfig
I have compiled gnugk with ./configure --with-large-fdset and make all
no errors, just a warning: libstdc++.so.6, needed by libh323_linux_x86_r.so, may conflict with libstd++.so.5
make install
Now , when I start gnugk I get a segmentation fault error.
gdb -core core gnugk shows that the error is in pthread_mutex_lock () from /lib.libpthread.so.0
further down the chain:
PMutex:Wait () from libpt_linux_x86_r.so.1.8.4
PXConfigDictionary::GetFileConfigInstance () from the same file
PConfig:Construct () from the same file
PConfig:PConfig () from the same file
Toolkit::CreateConfig ()

Any thoughts? I have tried compiling using the "stable" versions of pwlib and openh323 and I get a lot of stupid errors, too, and their version numbers seem really low compared with the CVS versions.

----

Home, no matter how far...
http://www.home.ro