Re: j323 perhaps really can't regist on gnugk

I config j323 to use gatekeeper discovery procedure, but also fail, I really don't know how to solve this problem.
I config a hardphone to regist on gnugk, it's well, also microsoft netmeeting is ok.
The only thing I can do I think is read more about j323 config documentation.

Hi,

Don't give up just yet.

The problem seemed to be that gnugk was sending an invalid GCF.
NetMeeting does not normally send GRQ (or expect GCF), so the fact that it
can register ok does not show anything wrong with j323.
When your hardphone registers, does it use GRQ/GCF?  If not, then
it might still be possible that GCF is "broken" in your gnugk.

If you can configure the hardphone (or some other endpoint) to
use GRQ/GCF (gatekeeper discovery), then it would be interesting
to see if gnugk gives a valid GCF in that case.

Did you test with gnugk 2.0.9 to verify that this is not a new bug?

Did you find a way to avoid the * characters in your alias, which
I suspected might be confusing gnugk?

Regards,

Stewart