Re: binding to particular IP on multi-ip machine failed with 2.2.0

On Thursday 20 January 2005 18:03, Aivis Olsteins wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> just tested this for 2.2.1 on FreeBSD 4.10, works fine.
>

> Best regards,
>  Aivis                            mailto:aivis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is a problem also regarding various interfaces on
BSD...

I have a gnugk on a machine that server various vpn's....
so I have 2 ethernet interfaces and about 50 other tun interfaces...

I have another gnugk behind a firewall that I have not control
of that firewall logic, so I am unable to map incoming ports....

Solution found:

! started the gnugk inside the firewall and build a vpn from
172.16.1.40 (the inner gnugk machine) to 172.16.199.1 (the internet
gnugk...)

when there is only two gnugk it works fine... but.... sometimes the
gnugk on the internet machine (which nas 50 tun interfaces....) sends
the ip number in the message of another tun interface in the return address
of the ARQ message... that is:
GK1 is in internet with several tun interfaces...
	one of them is the interface to GK2 (behind a firewall).
When GK1 sends ARQ to GK2 it does not put the ip of the
GK1-> GK2  interface (ex: tun15)  but puts another ip (I see
that is the IP from tun0...

when the packet (message) hits GK2, it does not know how
to return the message as the return address is unknown to him
the message is lost, and the call does not complete....

The problem is that gnugk chooses the return ip from the message
different as the one he receives (as there are 50 interfaces on the machine...)
so the logic to put the ip packat back should choose the interface it
receives the packet from. (a route get, should do the trick...)
Please note that it chooses the right interface to put the packet,
but the return ip number is wrong...

For example:
GK1(at 172.16.199.1) sends ARQ to GK2 at 172.17.1.40 interface tun16
GK2 receives the ARQ correct, but the packet tells it
is from 172.16.99.12 (the tun0 interface...)  GK2 then tries to answer
to ip 172.16.99.12 that... of couse is not reacheable...or worst...
if I define a neighbor setup (gk1<-> gk2) the host=  keyword at gk2
is pointed at 172.16.199.1 (that is correct), but when the ARQ packet
hits GK2, it comes from 172.16.99.12 and GK2 replyes with Securit deny... (that is
correct...)

My turn-around is to start the machine with only one interface, than start gnugk
and than start the other  tun interfaces... this way the gnugk sees
only that interface in startup...

Please note that the NetworkInterfaces= ...... does not produce any
help in FreeBSD 5.3....

Any help?????