routed vs non routed

I have been trying for two days to make two Cisco gateways to connect to one
another through a Cisco GK and a gnuGK and failed. Finally today I tried to use
GnuGK in non-routed mode and it worked!
Comparing the logs I noticed that in the LCFs gnugk sends its own IP when in
routed mode and the correct gateway IP in non routed mode.
I would like to use the routed mode so I can have more control over the calls and
more detailed CDRs. Can you please help me with this?

schema: ciscoGW1->CiscoGK->gnuGK->CiscoGW2
cisco GK configuration has gnuGK put as a a remote zone
gnuGk configuration has ciscoGK put as a neighbor

the only difference between the logs is the IP address sent in the LCF. In routed
mode it returns the gnugk IP, in non routed mode it returns the IP of GW2

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! help!