connect H.323 endpoints to PSTN phones

Hi
I want to know the best way to place calls from SIP endpoints to PSTN phones
using my Siemens HiPath HG1500 PBX.

Is Asterisk the best solution?? redirecting calls to Asterisk, and then to
the Siemens PBX?
Or should I register the Gatekeeper directly with the Siemens PBX?
Does someone have better ideas?
Thanks
Joao Pereira