Re: OpenPhone, NAT, GNUGK

> I have set up a GNUGK which lets my calls from openphone through Cisco
> 5300 to PSTN smoothly. However, when I ran openphone behind a Buffalo
> NAT, I could not hear anything from PSTN but my voice passed through
> NAT to PSTN correctly. I have configured openphone to use STUN.
>
> Any one out there experienced the one-way voice problem like mine? How
> can I fix it?

Hi Vincent,

You may have better luck without STUN, using the NAT traversal
features of gnugk instead.

Make sure that SupportNATedEndpoints=1.  If this is working correctly,
when openphone registers, the RCF message on the console should show
both the private IP and the public IP of openphone.  If you don't see
that (and STUN is off), it's possible that the Buffalo is H.323-aware
and may cause you trouble.

You should assign the openphone host a static private IP, and set
the Buffalo to forward the UDP ports used for RTP to openphone.
This may not be needed if ProxyForNAT is on.

For incoming calls, you also need to forward TCP 1720 (and H.245
ports, if needed) to openphone.

--Stewart