From: ??? [mailto:yuye@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 7:19 PM
To: openh323gk-users
Subject:  HandleH245Address problem

openh323gk-users:

	Sorry for my poor English. Recently I downloaded gnugk-2.2.0 and it have worked well in most environment, but when I bought a new gateway, I met a problem. The other IP Phones are NATed endpoints with citron protocol and the gateway has public address. The IP Phones can call PSTN Phones through gateway but when PSTN Phones call IP Phones, the IP Phones only ring once and then hang up. I looked into the gnugk log files and found that it was caused by the HandleH245Address(Setup) function which is called by bool CallSignalSocket::CreateRemote(H225_Setup_UUIE & Setup)  function in ProxyChannel.cxx file. Because of the h225 address included in setup Q931 pdu is a NATed address and port, the gnugk can only substitute the NATed address by NAT deviceâs address, but the NATed port remained. For example, if the IP Phone's IP is 192.168.6.1 and select 5720 port for h225 channel and NAT device's address is 159.226.5.1.The h225 address in the Q931 pdu will be 192.168.6.1:5720, the gnugk can only translate the h225 address to 159.226.5.1:5720. When it try to connect the remote 159.226.5.1:5720, it will be failed and then the gnugk will send the ReleaseComplete message to the both sides of communication. 	If the setup Q931 pdu include no h225address, everything is fine. In this case, the HandleH245Address(Setup) will simply return false and there is no rule to check it return true or false. So I add a â//â in front of the HandleH245Address(Setup) sentence and it seemed that the problem solved!
	I donât know whether the modification will cause other problems. Is the HandleH245Address(Setup) useless or just have some bugs or it is right and I must change the configuration of my gateway ? It will be much appreciated for your answer.

Zhang Yuye
yuye@xxxxxxxx
2004-11-26
HjçyNLvyvzjvåæ!ãîzååèèîJççîåjzîæzéæçzåîîæåæ