problem denying calls

I'm trying to set up the gatekeeper such that my Tandberg videophone (10.81.16.195) can call other H323 devices without problems, but will only answer calls from "allowed" IP addresses - I don't want them to have to register to the gatekeeper, but my understanding is that I need to tell the videophone to register, tell the gatekeeper to only allow registered calls, and to set the other units as "PermanentEndpoints" so that they don't need to register.  I don't want the other units to register with my gatekeeper, since they are not all "mine", some are other companys'.

I'm running gnugk 2.2 on Debian.  I've noticed two things:
1) occasionally a second call is required - the first one doesn't connect
2) regardless of having the # in front of my other test unit's IP address, it dials in succesfully.  Obviously I've got a setting wrong - help.  Thanks.

[Gatekeeper::Main]
Fourtytwo=42
Name=OpenH323GK

[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=1
H245Routed=0
CallSignalPort=1720
CallSignalHandlerNumber=1
RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=0
AcceptNeighborsCalls=1
AcceptUnregisteredCalls=0
SupportNATedEndpoints=1
DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1

[Proxy]

[RasSrv::GWPrefixes]

[RasSrv::RRQFeatures]

[RasSrv::ARQFeatures]
ArjReasonRouteCallToSCN=0
ArjReasonRouteCallToGatekeeper=1
CallUnregisteredEndpoints=1
RemoveTrailingChar=#

[RasSrv::RRQAuth]
5=sigip:10.81.16.195

[GkStatus::Auth]
rule=regex
regex=^(10\.81\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+)$

[RasSrv::RewriteE164]

[RasSrv::Neighbors]

[RasSrv::LRQFeatures]

[RasSrv::PermanentEndpoints]
##   AliasAuth/
##   LDAPAliasAuth       The IP of an endpoint with given alias should
##                       match a specified pattern. For AliasAuth the pattern
##                       is defined in [RasSrv::RRQAuth] section.
10.81.9.53

[Gatekeeper::Auth]
AliasAuth=required;RRQ
default=allow