Re: Firewall/DSL/GNUGK

Stewart,

Thank you for the response. I did that but still
gateways are not able to register on my GateKeeper.

I am using this simple Proxy.ini for the gatekeeper
which I am pasting here let me know is there any thing
more I need to do.

My DLS Router which has
WAN IP : 68.209.116.42
LAN IP : 192.168.2.1

and Gatekeeper is on 192.168.2.31

so I have the gatekeeper.ini as:
[Gatekeeper::Main]
Fourtytwo=42
TimeToLive=600

[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=1
H245Routed=0
CallSignalPort=1721
CallSignalHandlerNumber=2
RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=1
DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1
SupportNATedEndpoints=1
Q931PortRange=30000-39999
H245PortRange=40000-49999

[Proxy]
Enable=1
InternalNetwork=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
T120PortRange=50000-59999
RTPPortRange=50000-59999

[GkStatus::Auth]
rule=allow

Can you please tell me whether this .ini is conf is
correct.

Thank you
Mahesh

From: Stewart Nelson <sn@xxxxx>
 Re: Firewall/DSL/GNUGK
2004-11-11 04:32
 Yes, this is possible.  It"s practical only if your
public IP is static,
 or if it doesn"t change often and your endpoints can
find the GK by
 dynamic DNS.

 In addition to UDP 1718 and 1719, you need to forward
TCP port 1721
 (or whatever you are using for CallSignalPort).

 If you cannot avoid separate H.245 channels by
tunneling and/or Fast Start,
 define H245PortRange and forward those TCP ports.

 Define RTPPortRange and forward those UDP ports.  You
need four ports for each
 concurrent call.

 For initial testing, you may want to set the GK as
the DMZ host, so you can
 be sure that port forwarding is not a problem.  Of
course, first verify
 that the GK machine doesn"t have other services
running that would result in
 a security risk.

 You have to set NetworkInterfaces with your LAN and
public addresses.

 --Stewart