Re: implimentation help or overkill???

Peter,

depending on the firewall tech in use you _may_ be able to use gnugk as the gatekeeper as it has NET penetration technology in it.

Peter Awad wrote:
Hello all,

I’m hopping someone might be able to shed some light on my deployment plans and tell me if I’m heading in the right direction or not.

History:

I have a couple XMPP/Jabber Servers deployed in remote offices. Each location is isolated by firewalls. Presently the Jabbers can communicate through server to server channels and everyone can chat with everyone.

Recently we started using a Jabber client with built-in H323 support, but so far we can only Conference with-in each office.

Analysis of the XMPP traffic shows that H323 requests are passed with the private 192.x.x.x IP address thus we can not VC with people in other offices.

The client does however support options for defining a H323 gatekeeper.

Here is where I’m stumbling:

Do I need to deploy a Gatekeeper in each office to “channel” H323 between offices?

Do I need to deploy a single Gatekeeper with a public address outside the firewalls?

Do I need to deploy Gatekeepers and an IP-IP Gateway?

Or is this all overkill and I should be looking for something smaller?

Any clarity would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Peter Awad